Santa and Mrs. Claus are checking that list and getting everything ready for all our Christmas Wishes on this holiday Nutcracker wall hanging pattern.
The tree is decorated with beads, sequins and tiny ornaments, the presents are in Santa's bag, and Mrs. Claus is ready to hang a big holiday wreath. Christmas Wishes would be a wonderful addition to your holiday decorating collection!
Applique Sewing Skill Level 3
- All Applique Motifs
- - Mr. & Mrs Claus, Christmas tree, rocking horse, bag, presents and snowflakes
- - Full size pattern pieces
- - Complete pattern instructions
- - Instructions for 3-dimensional eye-glasses
- - Nutcrackers finished sizes 11-3/4" & 12-1/4" tall
- - Finished size as show: 29" x 24"
Santa Claus, also known as Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas and simply "Santa", is a figure with legendary, mythical, historical and folkloric origins who, in many western cultures, is said to bring gifts to the homes of the good children during the late evening and overnight hours of Christmas Eve, December 24.
I've always found the history of traditions fascinating! If you'd like to read more about the Santa mythology, this is a terrific book: Santa Claus, Last of the Wild Men: The Origins and Evolution of Saint Nicholas, Spanning 50,000 Years